Celebrating 50 Years!
In 2017, the Overland Park Chamber of Commerce is celebrating the organization's 50th anniversary. While the Chamber marks 1967 as its official birth year, its foundation was laid years earlier by a group of businessmen meeting on Saturdays for breakfast to talk about what they wanted their community to look like. They wanted good neighborhoods, schools and public services. To accomplish this, they knew they needed to build the city's tax base. The Chamber of Commerce came about as a catalyst to achieve that objective through its work unifying the business community and providing the leadership and vision to expand Overland Park into a community that consistently is ranked among the best in the nation.
As we celebrate 50 years of business leadership, we look back proudly at the achievements made in Overland Park since 1967 and recognize the many individuals whose commitment and vision have made our community what it is today.
For a closer look at the Chamber's history, we are pleased to share these historical perspectives:
- Celebrating 50 Years of Business Leadership - Historical overview with photos and timeline excerpted from our 2017 Membership Directory
- 1967 vs. 2017 - comparing the Overland Park Chamber of Commerce then and now (from our February 2017 newsletter)
- Recognizing our Charter Members - companies that have been members for 50 years (from our March 2017 newsletter)
- The more things change, the more they stay the same - President Tracey Osborne traces the Chamber's unwavering priority to foster job growth and economic vitality (from our April 2017 newsletter)
- Business Growth of Past 50 Years - (from our April 2017 newsletter)
- Longtime community leader reflects on Chamber's 50 years - former Chamber President Mary Birch notes hallmarks of Overland Park Chamber (from our May 2017 newsletter)
- Mission Accomplished - Chamber President Tracey Osborne pays tribute to fortitude of Chamber's early leaders (from our June 2017 newsletter)
- Overland Park's major developments in the past 50 years - (from our June 2017 newsletter)
- Chamber promotes Overland Park as corporate community - (from our July 2017 newsletter)
- Chairmen in '60s and '70s set course for Chamber priorities - (from our August 2017 newsletter)