Participation in committees and task forces is a great way for Chamber members to get more involved in the Overland Park Chamber of Commerce. The work of these groups enables the Chamber to accomplish its annual plan of action.
Overland Park Chamber Economic Development Council
2016 Chair: Andrew Fogt, Commerce Bank
The Chamber Economic Development Council has monthly lunch meetings with speakers on economic development issues. Membership is comprised of companies that contribute an annual investment.
For a list of Economic Development Council executive committee members, click here.
Public Policy & Advocacy Committee
The Public Policy & Advocacy Committee holds monthly lunch meetings with speakers on legislative matters.
- Research, recommend, track and advocate state/federal legislative business priorities
- Sponsor legislative events
- Publish legislative voting record, agendas and guides
- Communicate with legislative bodies and government leaders
Chamber Diplomats serve as the "goodwill" arm of the Chamber to help engage members.
- Support new members
- Act as public relations arm for chamber by encouraging involvement from membership.
- Implement member retention programs
- Assist in grand openings, ribbon cuttings and ground breakings
- Provides referrals for new members
For a complete list of current Chamber Diplomats, click here.
If you are interested in any of these groups, we invite you to contact us at (913) 491-3600 or firstname.lastname@example.org